DEVELOPING CULTURAL INTELLIGENCE
(LEVEL 3): ADAPTING FOR SUCCESS
Cultural intelligence involves recognizing similarities while being highly adaptive to differences within and between groups. While members of cultural groups have things in common, that does not mean everyone in the group thinks and acts in the same way. Individuals have their own life experiences – sometimes in many different groups.
- Increase levels of curiosity and perceptiveness when working with others
- Better understand how to cooperate and adapt when working across cultures
- Communicate more effectively to build trusting relationships across cultures
- Get clarity on practical strategies for dealing with cultural differences
- Improve the ability to distinguish between issues which are culturally-rooted and those which are not